Concept: Logo Design
As part of the 30 day logo challenge I took part in, I was tasked with creating a logo for a hardware startup that develops speakers that can map 360-degree videos onto stereo speakers for interactive events.
To achieve the goals for this project, I needed to complete the following requirements as requested by the client:
- Needs to visually convey the Speaker’s 360-degree feature.
- Visually represent the vastness of space and sound.
- Will mainly be used on a black background.
- Uses Circular Geometry design conventions to align with clients other brand assets design aesthetic.
- Uses a font inspired by science fiction and modern sans-serif aesthetics.
As you can see in my design, I created a logo that uses a sans-serif, science fiction vibe font with simple circular geometric graphic, to visualize not only the speakers 360-degree sound, but as well the vastness of space and sound. I also tried to convey how sound moves by giving the logo an outward swirl effect showing it expanding into the vastness the space.
I chose the colour combination of neon blue and purple to give it a futuristic feel amongst the black background as blue is often associated with the feeling of precision and purple is a very rare color in nature; some people consider it to be artificial. I chose white as the font colour to reinforce the feeling of cool, cutting edge technology, while also allowing for more visual pop on a black background.
Overall I think I achieved the goals for this project and I loved the design so much I’ve included it into my portfolio as it happens to be one of my favorite more recent designs.